I’m a “good student.” Why do I need tutoring?
Tutoring saves you time in studying. Most people do not perform as well as they’d like on exams because they “didn’t have enough time” or “didn’t study the right stuff.” Through meticulous organization and experience our tutors help you in a number of ways:
- They organize the review to focus on concepts that are most likely to appear on your exam.
- They work through sample problems that will give you a clearer idea of how material will be presented on your exam.
- They make sure that you are aware of the most effective way to use the study materials available to you.
- They conduct review sessions that force you to intently focus on studying your course material for about 4 hours (How often does 4 hours of studying only take 4 hours?)
When you leave a Lion Tutors review session you will have a clear idea of where you are in the studying process and how to get where you want to be by the time of your exam.
What is an Exam Review Session?
An Exam Review session is exactly what it sounds like–a group learning session which will prepare students for an exam. These sessions are geared toward your specific exam. They cover the material and the types of questions most likely to occur on your exam. Lion Tutors creates an engaging and entertaining learning environment. Going to Lion Tutors will teach you what you need to know and show you how to optimize your time studying it. Each session includes:
- A 3 – 4 hour tutoring session
- A comprehensive review guide
- Practice exams with detailed solutions
- Access to your tutor through e-mail
What is the difference between a "live review session" and an "on-demand video review"?
A live review is held in person at LionTutors at a pre-scheduled day and time. A video review is a pre-recorded review that can be accessed on-demand. The content of both reviews is identical, so you can choose whichever option best suits your learning style and schedule. Like to learn in person? Choose the live review. Like to procrastinate until 3:00 am on the day of your exam? Choose the video review.
How do I sign up for a live exam review?
- Simply show up to LionTutors at least 15 -20 minutes before the scheduled live review. When you make a purchase, the staff will ask if you would like to attend the live review or the on-demand review. If you choose to attend the live review, you will not receive access to the video review.
- Live review capacities will be capped based on social distancing guidelines and seats will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Where are the live reviews held?
All of our review sessions are held downtown at the LionTutors Review Center at 444 E College Ave. When you arrive, go to suite 340 to check-in.
What measures is LionTutors taking in response to COVID-19 to protect customers who choose to attend a live review?
LionTutors will be adhering to all CDC recommendations. We will be limiting the capacity of reviews, and all customers and staff members will be required to wear a facemask. We also have a rigorous cleaning procedure in place and will be sanitizing and disinfecting periodically throughout each day.
How do I purchase an on-demand video exam review?
- If you are in State College, come to LionTutors any time we are open to purchase the exam review. Upon purchase, you will receive a personalized access code and detailed instructions for how to access the video.
- If you are not in State College, visit our online store to place an order and have your review packet mailed to you.
If I chose the on-demand video review option, how many times can I watch the video?
Your access code will allow you to watch the video 1.5 times. We know, 1.5 is a weird number, but this will allow enough time to watch the review once all the way through and some extra time to go back and rewatch parts that you want to see again. For example, if the review is 4 hours, you will get 6 hours of view time. The 6 hours does not need to be used all at once. You can break it up as you see fit.
When do the review packets and on-demand video reviews become available?
The schedule can always be found on our website. For exam reviews, we aim to have the packets and videos available about 5 days before the exam.
How long do exam review sessions last?
Exam review sessions usually range from 3 – 4 hours with a short break in the middle.
Are the sessions professor specific?
Yes, each review is written and taught for the professor who is teaching that semester.
What is a weekly review session?
Our weekly review sessions are the best way to make sure that you are staying on top of the course material for your class! Each weekly review session includes:
- 1 - 2 hour weekly review every week
- Comprehensive weekly review guide (each week)
- Constant access to your weekly tutor via email
- Free entrance to the LionTutors Exam Review Sessions
- Access to the exam review tutor through email
How do weekly reviews work? Will they be online or in-person?
- Most weekly reviews will have both an online and in-person option. Some classes will only have an online option. This information can be found on each class page on LionTutors.com
- Each week when you go to LionTutors to pick up your packet, you can choose to attend the live review or receive an access code for the video review. You can change it up from week to week. You do not need to choose one option for the entire semester.
Can I pay with credit card or LionCash?
Yes, we accept cash, all major credit cards, Apple Pay, and LionCash.
Where do I go when I arrive at LionTutors?
When you arrive at the LionTutors Review Center, go to suite 340 on the 3rd floor of the building to check-in.
I am unable to come to LionTutors. Can I make my purchase online?
- You may purchase through our online store to have your packets mailed (as in old fashioned snail mail, NOT email) to you. Any orders placed online will be processed the next business day and shipped via the method you selected at checkout.
- Your packet will contain the access code and instructions to access the video review. Please note: Access to the on-demand video review is only available once you receive your packet and access code in the mail, not at the time of purchase!
- We can never email packets!
Can you email me my review packet?
No. We can never send electronic copies of our materials!
I am an international student who is currently in my home country, so I cannot receive packets through mail. What should I do?
Email us at info@LionTutors.com and we’ll see what we can do for you!
I can’t come to LionTutors to purchase the materials, but I procrastinated too long and don’t have time to wait for the packet to ship. What should I do?
Plan better? Just kidding, we understand these things happen. Please email us at info@LionTutors.com and we can discuss options, but please remember that we can never send electronic copies of our packets.
Is LionTutors affiliated with Penn State University?
No, LionTutors is a private enterprise that is not affiliated with Penn State University.
Do you offer private tutoring?
Private tutoring is available for all classes upon request. If you are interested in private tutoring, please email PrivateTutoring@LionTutors.com for more information.
Still Have Questions?
Chat with our staff through Zoom during our regular business hours.
Sunday - Thursday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm